This libary is a minimal variant of `quickcheck-classes` that only provides laws for typeclasses from `base`. The main purpose of splitting this out is so that `primitive` can depend on `quickcheck-classes-base` in its test suite, avoiding the circular dependency that arises if `quickcheck-classes` is used instead. This library provides QuickCheck properties to ensure that typeclass instances adhere to the set of laws that they are supposed to. There are other libraries that do similar things, such as `genvalidity-hspec` and `checkers`. This library differs from other solutions by not introducing any new typeclasses that the user needs to learn. /Note:/ on GHC < 8.5, this library uses the higher-kinded typeclasses ('Data.Functor.Classes.Show1', 'Data.Functor.Classes.Eq1', 'Data.Functor.Classes.Ord1', etc.), but on GHC >= 8.5, it uses `-XQuantifiedConstraints` to express these constraints more cleanly.
v0.6.0.0 :: 0/0.6.0.0 :: gentoo
- ~amd64 ~x86
- USE flags
- binary-laws doc hscolour profile unary-laws
- Include infrastructure for testing class laws of binary type constructors. Disabling `unary-laws` while keeping `binary-laws` enabled is an unsupported configuration.
- Add extra documentation (API, Javadoc, etc). It is recommended to enable per package instead of globally
- Include coloured haskell sources to generated documentation (dev-haskell/hscolour)
- Add support for software performance analysis (will likely vary from ebuild to ebuild)
- Include infrastructure for testing class laws of unary type constructors.