The AWS SDK for C++ provides a modern C++ version C++ 11 or later interface for Amazon Web Services AWS. It is meant to be performant and fully functioning with low- and high-level SDKs, while minimizing dependencies and providing platform portability Windows, OSX, Linux, and mobile. AWS SDK for C++ is in now in General Availability and recommended for production use. We invite our customers to join the development efforts by submitting pull requests and sending us feedback and ideas via GitHub Issues.
v1.7.178 :: 0 :: gentoo
- ~amd64 ~x86
- USE flags
- access-management apigateway backup batch budgets chime cloud-desktop cloud-dev cloud-media cloud-mobile cloudformation cloudfront cloudhsm cloudsearch cloudwatch cognito config dlm ec2 ecr ecs eks elasticache elasticbeanstalk elasticloadbalancing elasticmapreduce email es events fsx globalaccelerator http iot kinesis kms lambda lex libressl license-manager lightsail machinelearning macie managedblockchain marketplace opsworks organizations other personalize polly queues rds rekognition resource-groups route53 rtti s3 sagemaker secretsmanager securityhub serverlessrepo shield sns sqs ssl static-libs test textract transcribe translate unity-build waf
- AWS Access Management, a meta-flag that enables: AWS Certificate Manager (ACM): Provision, manage, and deploy SSL/TLS certificates on AWS managed resources. Identity and Access Management (IAM): A web service for securely controlling access to AWS services. Resource Access Manager (RAM): Customers who operate multiple accounts can create resources centrally and use AWS RAM to share them with all of their accounts to reduce operational overhead. Also enables acm-pca, identity-management and sts (Security Token Service).
- Create and deploy your own REST and WebSocket APIs at any scale. Also enables apigatewaymanagementapi and apigatewayv2.
- AWS Backup is a fully managed backup service
- Run batch computing workloads on the AWS Cloud
- Use AWS Budgets to plan service usage, service costs, and instance reservations. Also enables the following related modules: AWS Cost Explorer (CE) : Programmatically query cost and usage data. Cost and Usage Report (CUR): Programmatically create, query, and delete AWS Cost and Usage report definitions.
- Amazon Chime, a secure, real-time, unified communications service.
- AWS end user computing services. AppStream 2.0: Fully managed, secure application streaming service. WorkDocs : Fully managed, secure enterprise storage and sharing service. WorkLink : Fully managed, cloud-based service that enables secure, one-click access to internal websites and web apps from mobile devices. WorkMail : Managed email and calendaring service. WorkSpaces : Cloud-based desktop experience for end users.
- Enables in-cloud developer tools: Cloud9 : Cloud-based integrated development environment IDE to write, run, and debug code. CodeBuild : Managed build service that compiles, runs unit tests and produces artifacts. CodeCommit : Privately store and manage Git repositories in the AWS cloud. CodeDeploy : Automate the deployment and updating of applications. CodePipeline: Continuous delivery service to model, visualize, and automate the steps required to release software. CodeStar : Quickly develop, build, and deploy applications on AWS. Queues : Simple queue class. Allows standard queue operations top, delete, and push. Also has higher level, asynchronous interface with callbacks. X-Ray : Provides request tracing, exception collection, and profiling capabilities.
- AWS Media modules for transforming, converting, delivering and streaming media. Elastic Transcoder : Convert media files stored in Amazon S3 into media files in the formats required by consumer playback devices. Elemental Media Connect: Secure and flexible transport service for live video. Elemental Media Convert: Format and compress offline video content for delivery to televisions or connected devices. Elemental Media Live : Video service that allows easy and reliable creation of live outputs for broadcast and streaming delivery. Elemental Media Package: Just-in-time video packaging and origination service. (Includes mediapackage-vod) Elemental Media Store : Video origination and storage service.Manage video assets as objects in containers to build dependable, cloud-based media workflows. (Includes mediastore-data) Elemental Media Tailor : Personalization and monetization service that allows scalable server- side ad insertion.
- AWS Mobile modules for handling mobile application management and delivery. Amplify : Comprehensive set of SDKs, libraries, tools, and documentation for client app development. AppSync : Enterprise level, fully managed GraphQL service with real-time data synchronization and offline programming features. Device Farm: Test iOS, Android and Fire OS apps on real, physical phones and tablets that are hosted by AWS. PinPoint : Engage customers by sending them email, SMS and voice messages, and push notifications. (Includes pinpoint-email and sms-voice) SNS : Amazon Simple Notification Service, see USE flag sns. Also enables mobile and mobileanalytics.
- Create and provision AWS infrastructure deployments predictably and repeatedly. Use a template file to create and delete a collection of resources together as a single unit (a stack).
- Delivers static and dynamic web content through a worldwide network of edge locations that provide low latency and high performance.
- Secure cryptographic key storage by providing managed hardware security modules in the AWS Cloud. Also enables cloudhsmv2.
- Fully managed service in the cloud to set up, manage, and scale a search solution for websites. Also enables cloudsearchdomain.
- Amazon CloudWatch monitors Amazon Web Services (AWS) resources and the applications run on AWS in real time. The following modules besides monitoring are also enabled: Application Insights: Monitor .NET and SQL Server applications. App Mesh : Monitor and control microservices running on AWS. CloudTrail : Monitor AWS deployments in the cloud by getting a history of AWS API calls, including API calls made via the AWS Management Console, the AWS SDKs, the command line tools, and higher-level AWS services. GuardDuty : Continuous security monitoring service. Health : Provides personalized information about events that can affect the AWS infrastructure, guides through scheduled changes, and accelerates the troubleshooting of issues that affect AWS resources and accounts. Inspector : A security vulnerability assessment service that helps improve the security and compliance of AWS resources. Logs : Monitor, store, and access log files from Amazon EC2 instances, AWS CloudTrail, or other sources.
- Create unique identities, authenticate these identities with identity providers and save mobile user data in the AWS Cloud. Enables cognito-identity, cognito-idp and cognito-sync
- Provides a detailed view of the resources associated with your AWS account, including how they are configured, how they are related to one another, and how the configurations and their relationships have changed over time.
- Amazon Data Lifecycle Manager (DLM): Manage the lifecycle of AWS resources. Create lifecycle policies to automate operations on specified resources.
- Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud (EC2) is a web service that provides resizeable computing capacity. This flag also enables the following modules: Auto Scaling : Set up dynamic and predictive scaling for scalable AWS resources. Also enables autoscaling-plans and application-autoscaling. Elastic File System: EFS provides file storage for Amazon EC2 instances.
- Amazon Elastic Container Registry (ECR) is a fully managed Docker container registry.
- Amazon Elastic Container Service (ECS) is a highly scalable, fast, container management service.
- Amazon Elastic Kubernetes Service (EKS) is a managed service to run Kubernetes on AWS without own Kubernetes clusters.
- Set up, manage, and scale distributed in-memory cache environments in the AWS Cloud
- Quickly deploy and manage applications in the AWS Cloud.
- Automatically distribute incoming application traffic across multiple targets, such as EC2 instances. Also enables elasticloadbalancingv2.
- Amazon Elastic MapReduce (EMR) processes large amounts of data efficiently using Hadoop processing combined with several AWS products.
- Amazon Simple Email Service (Amazon SES): An email platform to send and receive email using ones own email addresses and domains. See: https://docs.aws.amazon.com/ses/latest/DeveloperGuide/Welcome.html
- Amazon Elasticsearch Configuration Service (ES) is an API to create, configure, and manage Elasticsearch domains.
- Serverless event bus service to connect applications with data from a variety of sources. Also enables eventbridge.
- Amazon FSx is a fully managed service to launch and use shared file storage.
- AWS Global Accelerator is a network layer service for accelerators to improve availability and performance for internet applications used by a global audience.
- Enable http support via curl
- AWS IoT This is a meta-flag for all Internet of Things modules provided by the SDK: iot : enables secure, bi-directional communication between Internet-connected things (such as sensors, actuators, embedded devices, or smart appliances) and the AWS Cloud over MQTT and HTTP. greengrass : Extends AWS onto physical devices so they can act locally on the data they generate. iot1click : A service for simple devices to trigger AWS Lambda functions that execute a specific action. iotanalytics : Provides advanced data analysis for AWS IoT. iotevents : Monitor equipment or device fleets for failures or changes in operation, and trigger actions when such events occur. iotthingsgraph: Integrated set of tools that enable developers to build IoT applications using devices and services that use different data representation standards and communication protocols. Also enables iot1click-devices, iot1click-projects, iot-data, iotevents-data and iot-jobs-data.
- Amazon Kinesis Collect, process, and analyze video and data streams in real time. The following modules besides kinesis are enabled: firehose : Load data streams into AWS data stores. kinesisanalytics : Process and analyze streaming data using SQL or Java. (Also enables kinesisanalyticsv2) kinesisvideo : Capture, process, and store video streams for analytics and machine learning. Additionally kinesis-video-archived-media and kinesis-video-media are enabled.
- AWS Key Management Service (KMS) An encryption and key management service scaled for the cloud.
- AWS Lambda: Run code without provisioning or managing servers.
- Amazon Lex is an AWS service for building conversational interfaces into applications using voice and text. Also enables lex-models.
- Use dev-libs/libressl instead of dev-libs/openssl when applicable (see also the ssl useflag)
- Streamlines the process of bringing software vendor licenses to the cloud.
- The easiest way to get started with AWS for developers who just need virtual private servers
- The algorithms of Amazon Machine Learning create machine learning (ML) models by finding patterns in existing data. The service uses these models to process new data and generate predictions for application.
- A security service that uses machine learning to automatically discover, classify, and protect sensitive data in AWS.
- Create and manage scalable blockchain networks using popular open source frameworks. Currently, Managed Blockchain supports the Hyperledger Fabric open source framework.
- AWS Marketplace is an online store where you can buy or sell software that runs on Amazon Web Services (AWS). Marketplace support consists of the marketplacecommerceanalytics module plus: Marketplace Entitlement Service: A contract verification feature that AWS Marketplace sellers can use to verify the amount of the sellers product (for example, end user licenses or storage, data, or compute capacity) the customer has purchased. Marketplace Metering Service : A pricing and metering feature that AWS Marketplace sellers can use to directly charge for their software along one of four dimensions: users, data, bandwidth, or hosts. Also enables pricing.
- AWS OpsWorks is a simple and flexible way to create and manage stacks and applications. Also enables opsworkscm.
- Account management service that to consolidate multiple AWS accounts into an organization to be centrally managed.
- This is a meta-flag for rarely needed modules that in themselves need not much build time. If you would like to have any of the following modules to have their own USE flag, please open a bug report and it will most probably get one. The modules are: AWSMigrationHub, alexaforbusiness, clouddirectory, comprehend, comprehendmedical, connect, datapipeline, datasync, directconnect, discovery, dms, docdb, ds, dynamodb, gamelift, glue, groundstation, importexport, kafka, lakeformation, mq, mturk-requester, neptune, quicksight, redshift, robomaker, sdb, service-quotas, servicecatalog, servicediscovery, signer, sms, snowball, ssm, states, storagegateway, support and swf.
- Real-time personalization and recommendations, based on the same technology used at Amazon.com. Also enables personalize-events and personalize-runtime.
- Amazon Polly A Text-to-Speech (TTS) cloud service that converts text into lifelike speech. Also enables text-to-speech.
- AWS Queues is a simple queue class. Allows standard queue operations top, delete, and push. Also has higher level, asynchronous interface with callbacks.
- Amazon Relational Database Service (RDS) is a web service to set up, operate, and scale a relational database in the cloud. Also enables pi (Performance Insights) and rds-data.
- Add image and video analysis to applications.
- AWS Resource Groups and Tag Editor Organize AWS resources into groups, tag resources using virtually any criteria, and manage, monitor, and automate tasks on grouped resources. Also enables resourcegroupstaggingapi. (Resource Groups Tagging API)
- AWS Route 53 is a highly available and scalable Domain Name System (DNS) web service. Also enables route53domains and route53resolver.
- Flag to enable/disable rtti within the library
- Amazon Simple Storage Service Storage for the internet. Additionally to the s3 module, the following modules are activated: Athena : Interactive query service to analyze data in Amazon S3 using standard SQL. Glacier : Storage solution for cold data. Transfer for SFTP: Transfer files directly into and out of Amazon S3 using SFTP. Also enables s3-encryption, s3control and transfer.
- Amazon SageMaker Fully managed machine learning service. With Amazon SageMaker, data scientists and developers can quickly and easily build and train machine learning models, and then directly deploy them into a production-ready hosted environment. Also enables sagemaker-runtime.
- Encrypt, store, and retrieve credentials for databases and other services.
- Provides a comprehensive view of the security state of AWS resources.
- AWS Serverless Application Repository Enables teams, organizations, and individual developers to find, deploy, publish, share, store, and easily assemble serverless architectures.
- AWS Shield, protection against DDoS attacks
- Amazon Simple Notification Service (SNS) is a web service that enables applications, end-users, and devices to instantly send and receive notifications from the cloud.
- Amazon Simple Queue Service (SQS): Fully managed message queuing service that makes it easy to decouple and scale microservices, distributed systems, and serverless applications.
- Add support for SSL/TLS connections (Secure Socket Layer / Transport Layer Security)
- Build static versions of dynamic libraries as well
- Enable dependencies and/or preparations necessary to run tests (usually controlled by FEATURES=test but can be toggled independently)
- Amazon Textract to add document text detection and analysis to applications.
- A transcription services for audio files. It uses advanced machine learning technologies to recognize spoken words and transcribe them into text. Also enables transcribestreaming.
- A neural machine translation service for translating text to and from English across a breadth of supported languages.
- Build using a single unified .cpp file for each service library. Reduces the size of static library binaries
- The Web Application Firewall (WAF) can monitor web requests that are forwarded to Amazon CloudFront distributions or an Application Load Balancer. Can also be used to block or allow requests based on conditions such as the IP addresses that requests originate from or values in the requests. Also enables fms and waf-regional.
- Build for Python 2.7 only
- Build with Python 2.7
- Repository mirror & CI · gentoo
Merge updates from master
- Sven Eden · gentoo
dev-libs/aws-sdk-cpp: Remove deprecated ebuild
Signed-off-by: Sven Eden <email@example.com> Bug: https://bugs.gentoo.org/666494 Package-Manager: Portage-2.3.71, Repoman-2.3.17 Closes: https://github.com/gentoo/gentoo/pull/12718 Signed-off-by: Joonas Niilola <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Sven Eden · gentoo
dev-libs/aws-sdk-cpp: Version bump to 1.7.178
Closes: https://bugs.gentoo.org/666494 Closes: https://bugs.gentoo.org/665540 Signed-off-by: Sven Eden <email@example.com> Bug: https://bugs.gentoo.org/666494 Package-Manager: Portage-2.3.71, Repoman-2.3.17 Signed-off-by: Joonas Niilola <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Repository mirror & CI · gentoo
Merge updates from master
- Amit Prakash Ambasta · gentoo
dev-libs/aws-sdk-cpp: new package.
The AWS SDK for C++ provides a modern C++ (version C++ 11 or later) interface for Amazon Web Services (AWS). Closes: https://bugs.gentoo.org/591512 Closes: https://github.com/gentoo/gentoo/pull/9638