SuperLU is a general purpose library for the direct solution of large, sparse, nonsymmetric systems of linear equations on high performance machines. The library is written in C and is callable from either C or Fortran. The library routines will perform an LU decomposition with partial pivoting and triangular system solves through forward and back substitution. The LU factorization routines can handle non-square matrices but the triangular solves are performed only for square matrices. The matrix columns may be preordered (before factorization) either through library or user supplied routines. This preordering for sparsity is completely separate from the factorization. Working precision iterative refinement subroutines are provided for improved backward stability. Routines are also provided to equilibrate the system, estimate the condition number, calculate the relative backward error, and estimate error bounds for the refined solutions. This is the multi-threaded version (POSIX threads or OpenMP).
v3.1 :: 0/3 :: gentoo
- ~amd64 ~amd64-linux ~ppc ~ppc64 ~x86 ~x86-linux
- USE flags
- doc examples int64 openmp static-libs test threads
- Add extra documentation (API, Javadoc, etc). It is recommended to enable per package instead of globally
- Install examples, usually source code
- Missing description
- Build support for the OpenMP (support parallel computing), requires >=sys-devel/gcc-4.2 built with USE="openmp"
- Build static versions of dynamic libraries as well
- Enable dependencies and/or preparations necessary to run tests (usually controlled by FEATURES=test but can be toggled independently)
- Add threads support for various packages. Usually pthreads